Home > Dandelion Flower Schnapps
Dandelion Flower Schnapps
Dandelion flower schnapps - based on the yellow dandelion petals - has a fresh, aromatic and sweetish acid taste. The colour is light golden, sometimes dark golden or golden brown.
A very enjoyable schnapps that goes very well with chocolate, chocolate desserts and cakes.
You can also turn your flower schnapps into a liqueur.
Dandelion flower schnapps blends very well with...
- Fresh petals from approx. 60 dandelion flower heads
- 1 bottle (70 cl) of clear, neutral schnapps or vodka - 40% alcohol content (80 proof)
- Pick the flower heads in spring or early summer.
- Clean them thoroughly and leave them to dry in the shadow - on paper towel.
- Remove the green sepals with a small, sharp knife (the sepals are very bitter), and nip off the yellow petals.
- Put the petals in a clean glass jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Add the clear, neutral schnapps or vodka and close the jar tightly.
- Let steep for 1-2 weeks in a dark place at room temperature, 18-20°C (64-68°F).
- Shake lightly and taste it from time to time.
- Strain and filter your schnapps into a clean glass bottle or jar with tight-fitting lid.
- You can enjoy the schnapps within a couple of days, but it gets a little sweeter after some storage, approx. 3 weeks.
Note: If for some reason you are not satisfied with your schnapps, there are ways to adjust both taste and flavours - click here to see how.
Serve your dandelion flower schnapps or liqueur at room temperature in suitable glasses.
And remember to keep your schnapps bottle or decanter tightly closed and in a dark place before and between servings.